Coffee Grinder - II
The Porlex grinders have now been updated with:
- A new patented design of connector that prevents any slippage from the handle and no wear.
- A perfectly circular outer burr which produces a more consistent grind throughout the entire range of grind.
- New Japanese/English premium packaging and English/French/Japanese instructions.
- Laser etched burrs to show that only premium Porlex burrs are used in the grinder.
As with its bigger brother, the Porlex Tall, this grinder has ceramic burrs and a stainless steel housing, which not only makes it easy to clean, but more resilient than glass versions, and produces less static than plastic versions. The conical ceramic burrs don’t rust, are easy to clean and stay sharper for much longer than steel burrs.
So what differentiates this from the Tall? Well, the name gives that away. At 130mm height, it’s 55mm shorter. It also has a rubber grip that makes grinding even easier and allows you to attach the handle to the side of the grinder housing when detached. This model fits nicely into an Aeropress when the band is removed.
As the burrs are exactly the same as in the Tall, it copes well with everything you can throw at it - from Turkish to French Press grind setting - and thanks to an easily accessible locking nut, is really easy to adjust.
But the thing that sets this apart from other hand grinders is the speed and ease of grind. This is down to a couple of features: a long steel handle that connects solidly to the grinder and the ability to hold the grinder steadily in one hand while turning the handle with the other.
- Stainless steel tube housing: 130mm tall and 49mm in diameter without handle
- Approximate capacity of 26g (whole beans)
- Ceramic conical burrs
- Locking nut for grind adjustment
- Stainless steel handle approx. 6” long
- Hopper lid
- Set grind level via locking nut
- Connect hopper to grind collector
- Remove lid
- Add beans to the hopper (26g max)
- Replace lid and handle
- Hold grinder in one hand and turn handle with the other